This morning I attended a workshop put on by a fellow coach on life transitions. One of my take aways was to make a list of 25 things that give me strength and courage to draw upon in the face of fear. Here's my list and I encourage to create your own.
1. Prayer- Asking for God's supernatural help. Praying for strength and courage.
3. Bible verses-
Deuteronomy 31:6- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afriad or terrfied because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.
2 Timothy 1:7- For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of sound mind.
Isaiah 41:10- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Philipians 4:13- I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Matthew 21:21 - Jesus replied, I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, go, throw yourself into the sea, and it will be done.
4. Positive Affirmations-
Every day I bring greater boldness and daring into my life.
Every moment of every day I am becoming more and more courageous.
Great strength lies within me at all times.
I always act in spite of any fears I may have.
I am a brave and valiant warrior.
I am bold and daring in all that I do.
I am calm and relaxed.
I am courageous in all things.
I am daring and love trying new things.
I am daring enough to face any challenge.
I am fearless when adversity surrounds me.
I am now free from all fear and worry.
I am strong, bold and confident.
I am fearless.
I breathe out all fears, and breathe in pure joy and optimism.
I am willing and ready to take risks.
I boldly go in the direction of my dreams.
5. Family and friends who say encouraging things to me.
6. Positive self-talk.
7. Visualizing my confident self.
8. Reading something encouraging.
9. Imagining and visualizing the best possible outcome to a situation.
10. Attending workshops/seminars that inspire, educate, and encourage me.
11. Setting new Big, Scary, and Audacious Goals.
12. Playing a new song on my acoustic guitar and singing along.
13. Participating in fun, new, and exciting activities that stretch and grow me.
14. Being around bold and courageous people to pull me up.
15. Being around fearful people to realize I possess strength, courage, and boldness.
17. Inspirational qutoes-
“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.” - Mark Twain
“Freedom lies in being bold.” - Robert Frost
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” - Lao Tzu
“Believe you can and you're halfway there.” - Theodore Roosevelt
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." - Winston Churchill
18. Having a clean and organized house.
20. Drawing out a mindmap to overcome the current adversity.
21. Focusing on just one thing.
22. Volunteering- it reminds me that I always have something worth giving.
23. Dressing to the 9's. Acting as if I am confident leads to a feeling of confidence.
24. Making a list of positive things in my life that I have already achieved.
25. Doing something that is way out of my comfort zone.